Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to support the Center of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM) located in Rockville, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CNRM.
The incumbent is responsible for the setup, installation, configuration and maintenance of servers, virtual machines, networking resources, and the deployment of custom developed software applications to meet the needs of the CNRM Informatics Core.
- Work with the CNRM Informatics Core director to provide essential IT infrastructure support for the CNRM Informatics Core.
- Keeps all IT infrastructure updated and maintained with the appropriate latest OS and security patches, configure automated regular backup and recovery, monitoring up time, configuration of networks, domains, subdomains and allocate project servers to support CNRM related efforts.
- Manage access to IT resources and maintain user accounts, data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Supports the CNRM Informatics core with installations, configurations and maintenance of hardware (servers, computers, networking switches etc.), software (applications, OS, etc.) and tools for collaboration and data analysis to achieve CNRM research missions.
- Able to liaison and work with multi-center IT departments and staff in a respectful and timely manner.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills; able to meet tight Deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Able to maintain proper documentation of all processes.
- Analyze and maintain existing computer systems and software platforms and recommend changes ad necessary for optimal performance.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with servers, applications, software integration, systems concerns and/or system outages.
- Install, configure and maintain hardware and software, conduct system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software ad security related problems.
- Perform the administration of Linux and VMWare equipment and monitoring and resolve problems in servers and applications.
- Ability to manage and program/develop Drupal servers and pages/content.
- Familiarity of ANSIBLE and able to set up and deploy ANSIBLE playbooks.
- Able to work independently and learn new skills to support the mission in a fast paced environment.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Contribute to the overall project success by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
- Able to work cohesively in a team and to be able to thrive in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Able to meet critical deadlines and collaborate with fellow team members to achieve team results on major deliverables.
- Able to quickly assimilate into current development framework and understand the system that is being developed.
- Completes other projects as directed by the CNRM Informatics Core Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of server applications, relational database management system (RDBMS) concepts, software installations, network configuration, switch management, SAN Storage management is required. Operating system knowledge should include Windows/UNIX/Linux-based systems with good shell scripting, ANSIBLE and VMware knowledge. Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels and to work under minimal supervision. Experience as a systems administrator with Redhat, Windows, WMWare and with Drupal Web portal and dashboard development experience.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to stand and sit in an office environment.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.