Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate to support the Department of Medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health (USU) Sciences in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to (Program). Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
1. Plans, conducts, and completes investigations under the supervision of the head of the laboratory. Assignments require the performance of complex laboratory tests, determinations, and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches.
2. Develops methods and procedures for experiments and investigations.
3. Writes and edits experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
4. Performs data analysis and interpretation and verifies and corrects data entry.
5. Supervises junior laboratory staff in the planning, execution, and analysis of experiments.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of extremely complex laboratory procedures; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master's degree in scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 4 to 6 years directly related research experience
Physical Capabilities: requires long periods of sitting and standing; handling of various chemicals
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: supervises junior laboratory staff.
Work Environment: laboratory environment
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources