Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Department of Financial and Manpower Management at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD.
Responsible for performing technical work in support of the administration such as maintaining ledgers and compiling, consolidating, checking and arranging funding data. Functional duties include recording and monitoring financial transactions, researching and responding to account inquiries, and validating budget spreadsheets.
1. Performs account maintenance and accounting support to include examining, maintaining, and reconciling accounts and accounting data.
2. Examines invoices, vouchers, and other related documents for accuracy, adequacy of documentation, and compliance with regulations for goods and services provided to or by the Federal Government.
3. Reviews expense schedules, checks payroll records, and supports the development of reports pertaining to civilian employees of the Federal Government.
4. Assists with answering requests and providing advice to employees, supervisors, staff in other financial management series, and personnel specialists on pay related rules, regulations, and procedures.
5. Reviews procurement receipts and travel expenditures.
6. Validates arithmetical computations and tracks budgetary transactions.
7. Assists accounting department with reconciliations by reviewing monthly statements and researching certain unidentified transactions.
8. Prepares monthly financial transaction reports, processes health benefit forms, and files retirement records.
9. Provides assistance developing schedules and reports related to cash receipts, interest remittances, indirect cost and USU expenditures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Detail oriented person; ability to work independently and organize tasks knowing time constraints; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to understand and use a computerized accounting package; basic understanding of accounting principles; knowledge of accounting, budget or financial management practices and policies.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years related accounting experience
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting using a personal computer; keyboarding is required; carrying heavy financial reports and accessing files
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: Office environment
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.