Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM), located in Rockville, Maryland. Under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and Senior Clinical Trials Specialist, the Research Assistant will assist with participant recruitment and screening, completion of protocol assessments, preparation of study folders, and data entry.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for participant recruitment, screening and scheduling of study visits under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and Senior Clinical Trials Specialist.
2. Act as the first level point of contact between research participants, facility personnel and study team members.
3. Schedules subjects for testing and other appointments. Administers and scores telephonic neuropsychological tests on research subjects.
4. Enters data into web-based and locally administered databases.
5. Maintains research project records in compliance with study protocol and IRB requirements, including managing the study Regulatory Binder.
6. Serves as a resource for the research participants. Facilitates scheduling, follow-up, and reminders for research subjects.
7. Creates and maintains whatever paper and/or electronic systems may be necessary in order to accomplish these tasks (e.g. spreadsheets with contact information).
8. Accurately collects and processes all study related data, ensuring compliance with necessary standards.
9. Provides administrative support to include receiving incoming telephone calls, answering questions as appropriate, determining when calls should be diverted, maintaining a calendar of data collection and scheduling appointments.
10. Provides administrative support when needed.
11. Assist Senior Clinical Trials Specialist with development of recruitment plan, assist with social media postings, and attend events as needed.
12. Provide additional assistance to clinical sites and study team as needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures essential; knowledge of relevant scientific principles and procedures; ability to establish and track timelines and milestones; experience with electronic literature search databases, Excel, Acrobat, and Power Point; sound administrative skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; effective time management skills; a flexible attitude and ability to embrace change.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree in science, psychology, social work, nursing, or related field. A Master's degree is preferred, but not required.
Minimum Experience: At least 4 years related experience in clinical research experience to include informed consent processes. Must have knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and previous experience with human subjects research. Previous experience working in a military setting is an asset, but not required.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting, conducting study visits, and data entry.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: N/A
Work Environment: Office or clinical/hospital environment. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and capable of passing a DoD Clearance security background check.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check. HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.