Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support the Human Resources Department located at the HJF Home Office in Bethesda, Maryland.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated programs. The position is responsible for the administration of HJF policies and procedures applicable to HJF employees and serves as a consultant to programs, including management, on human resources related matters. The role is responsible for managing employee relations matters in designated programs.
- Administer all HR policies, programs and practices relating to employment, employee relations, salary administration, benefit administration, orientation and employee services. Participate in development, implementation and revision, as needed. Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Evaluate the business needs and expectations of assigned programs and program management in order to align with business objectives. Integrate other HJF departments into the customer service business model.
- Communicate with employees regarding specific job functions, compensation, performance, benefits and HJF's best business practices. Advise employees on HJF policies, procedures and guidelines as well as federal, state and local employment law.
- Develop the HR Business Partner function to effectively support HJF's continued growth, including process improvements to increase customer satisfaction and maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of HR operations.
- Maintain integrity of HJF's compensation program by overseeing employee compensation levels, cash awards, salary increases and performance appraisals. Partner with assigned programs to review goals and objectives as it relates to compensation.
- Monitor employee benefit eligibility, enrollment and assist employees in the implementation of a leave status, i.e. disability, worker's compensation, family and medical leave. Partner with Benefits Administrator during the employee's transition through the applicable leave programs and ensure management is informed accordingly.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: This role requires comprehensive understanding of federal, state and local employment and benefit laws & regulations. High level of customer service skills required with a focus on relationship management. Must be proactive with the ability to partner in a strategic manner. Required to regularly exercise professional judgment and discretion, including when communcating with employees, management and government/military customers. Experience working in complex environments with strong analytical and problem solving kills.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources Management or related field.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience.
Work Environment: Office.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.