This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Technician I to support the Medicine Department at the Uniform Service University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to Medicine Department. The research assistant will be responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
2. Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures. Provides leadership in the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials.
6. Provides quality control, trouble shooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
7. Maintains supplies in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory area clean.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow general instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associates degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of laboratory experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief of Human Resources Officer.