Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Manager for Product Development to lead cross-functional teams in the successful development and delivery of new products under the Austere environments Consortium for Enhanced Sepsis Outcomes (ACESO) based in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to ACESO. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
ACESO is developing host-based diagnostic and prognostic assays for use in low-resource settings to improve survival for patients with sepsis. The program manager will be responsible for overall implementation of the product development effort.
ACESO is a fast-growing international clinical research group with a collaborative team atmosphere, focus on the mission, and high expectations for individual performance. The Program Manager for Product Development must learn quickly, demonstrate considerable judgment, perform well under pressure, act independently, and adapt easily to new challenges.
The position allows some flexibility and/or telework to accommodate both the individual and the needs of ACESO. This position will report to the ACESO Director.
- Drive the product vision, including developing a detailed product development roadmap, defining requirements, and conducting market research.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to define the technical product specifications and detailed use cases.
- Provides input to the product development work plans maintained by the Science Program Manager. Tracks and reports on progress and resolves issues as needed.
- Directly manages deployment of product to clinical trial sites. Works closely with program managers to ensure training, logistics, and regulatory approvals, are in-place before the initiation of the clinical trials.
- Coordinate with regulatory personnel and industry partners to define strategy and requirements in preparation for FDA submission.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external, to maintain their understanding and satisfaction throughout all phases of the program.
- Identify potential funders, manage proposal submissions when needed, and provide technical input on proposal submissions.
- Work closely with the ACESO Finance to develop, execute, and manage program budgets.
- Work closely with program funders to provide visibility into program progress, budget, issues, and risks as needed.
- Organize program presentations and reports as needed.
- Assume direct accountability and responsibility for overall program success – from start to finish.
- Develop science quality management plan and provides recommendation on existing processes to ensure data is accurate and captured for data analytics team and patent submissions.
- Initiate the necessary scientific conversations with internal team, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical input on agreements with partners and industry partners, to include: justifications, scopes of work, technology transfer agreements, etc.
- Define what the scientific requirements are for data infrastructure projects and provides recommendations.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in product development, preferably development of diagnostic assays.
- Experience leading a team; international team management preferred.
- Ability to facilitate discussions of complicated, multi-faceted issues and clearly communicate the decisions, implications, and actions in easy to understand ways.
- Ability to build mutual respect and cooperative relationships with highly skilled partners, such as physicians and scientists.
- Ability to inspire action from groups or individuals not in direct chain of command.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines .
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, changing, and challenging environments.
- Ability to recognize and creatively respond to trends and changes in the field.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Skilled in public speaking, meeting facilitation and audience presentations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar software tool preferred.
- Outstanding MS Office skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and tools.
- Ability to travel as required by ACESO (expect 10-15% travel).
Minimum Education: MBA or Master of Science (Ph.D. preferred).
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 6+ years’ experience in scientific project or program management required. (2+ years specifically in product development and/or biotechnology industry experience strongly preferred).
Work Environment: Office, field setting; 10-15% travel schedule.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.