Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Assistant Information Technology Specialist to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP) within the Military and Emergency Medicine (MEM) Department located at the MacDill Airforce Base in Tampa, Florida. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHAMP/MEM.
The Assistant Information Technology Manager is responsible for assisting with managing, maintaining, and enhancing the USSOCOM SOF Performance Enhancement And Readiness (SPEAR) program and will assist and report to the Senior Information Technology Manager. SPEAR analyzes the effectiveness of the Preservation of the Force and Family (POTFF) Human Performance (HP) program at all locations in the USSOCOM Enterprise in order to enhance operational readiness and overall human function relative to the other POTFF domains, including the psychological resilience of SOF operators. The Information Technology Manager will assist with the cybersecurity and project management functions of the SPEAR Program. The position will be filled for one year, with the possibility of extensions, dependent upon the requirements of the government program sponsor.
- Project Management
- Assists in conducting internal verification of documentation deliverables, independent verification and validation of delivered software, software code quality checks, and incorporating technical reviews.
- Assists with the development of project plans and documentation.
- Ensures that lifecycle management of both hardware and software is properly executed.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of reports to include but not limited to Interim Progress Reports (IPR), Quad Charts, and Quarterly updates to the Annual Performance Plan.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of agreements between USSOCOM POTFF projects and other agencies. These agreements include, but are not limited to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Memorandum of Agreements (MoA), and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Assists with the tracking of the status of all trouble tickets ensuring the tickets are answered in a timely manner and are tracked to a particular release.
- Hosts and supports required meetings and forums including (but not limited to) Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings, to provide the stakeholders with increased visibility of planned project activities and a forum that ensures project risks and issues are efficiently communicated & effectively mitigated. Meeting minutes are to be prepared within two (2) workdays.
- Provides administrative support (logistics for setting up meetings, running video conferencing, record keeping, etc.).
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior management.
- Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Oversee distribution of meeting agendas, slides, handouts, minutes, action items, and artifacts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Visio is desirable
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Assist with ensuring the SPEAR program is in compliance with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8500.01, Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
- Assists with the completion of the manual and automatic Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checklists.
- Familiarity with the correction and remediation of applicable IA controls and overlays.
- Assists with the drafting of all Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) associated with the remediation of IA controls and findings.
- Assists with providing continuous monitoring of the program ATO in accordance with RMF guidelines.
- Knowledge of XACTA and eMASS is desirable.
- Must have an IAT Level II or higher DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification.
- Release Management
- Monitors the progress of each software release.
- Makes suggestions for program changes after testing each software release.
- At the direction of the Senior Information Technology Manager, updates the schedule with key dates and milestones to provide visibility on the progress of the program to all stakeholders in accordance with USCOCOM and POTFF policies and guidelines.
- Verify all approved change requests have been applied to requirements tracked for the project.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of information technology project management methodologies.
- Knowledgeable of the RMF process in a DoD environment
- Knowledgeable of the Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Must have excellent internal/external customer service skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a major field of study which either provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex database projects or is closely related to the work described and required for the task.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years working with information technology project management and information cyber security.
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting and working at a computer.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Eligible for Secret clearance
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Supervises support staff
Work Environment: Office environment
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.