Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Global Human Resources Manager to support the HR Department at HJF Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, MD. The Global Human Resource Manager position manages all non-U.S. HR operations and is directly responsible for local, expatriate, and third country employees HR matters.
This is a newly created position of Global Human Resources Manager, necessitated due to organizational growth and global expansion. The Global HR Manager will help implement HJF’s strategic plan for continued growth and globalization. The Global HR Manager will partner with Divisional Leaders to achieve strategic goals through recruitment, retention and management of a global workforce. The Global HR Manager has responsibility for ensuring HJF supports, promotes and protects a diverse and talented staff.
- Provides day-to-day direction in all aspects of international human resources.
- Assumes corporate responsibility for development of company guidelines, policies and procedures on expatriate issues.
- Serves as the designated expert on the interpretation of human resource policies issues for expatriates and TCNs.
- Develops and assists the implementation of human resource programs for all foreign entities with a concentration on host-country labor law and legal issues.
- Lead local human resources mangers in their function of managing international HR policies and procedures in a local context.
- May maintain involvement with new foreign entities for an extended period to develop policies, processes and procedures and handle employee relations issues.
- Develop pay scales, benefits and total rewards programs with local HR leadership.
- Responsible for implementation of international assignment agreements, hiring of local nationals outside the United States.
- Recruitment - responsible for leading a complex, high volume internal recruitment function that supports the hiring of local, US and international employees.
- Performance & Talent management - drive the performance management process to ensure that senior managers understand and adhere to performance planning, monitoring and appraisals.
- Performs all essential functions while taking into consideration the local cultural context and dimensions.
Travel: This position requires up to 25% travel. Most of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in human resources, international relations or other business-related field or;
- At least 10 years of human resource experience, five of which are related to international human resource.
- Former experience working for an international organization while abroad, as either a local national, third country national, or Expatriate.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Professional HR and/or Global HR credentials obtained through industry recognized organizations. (i.e. – HRCI or SHRM).
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.