This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Program within the NeuroTrauma Department located at the Naval Medical Research Center in Silver Spring, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the NeuroTrauma Department.
This person will be responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. The main focus of this position is data analysis from current and previous studies. This person will exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to NeuroTrauma Department projects.
1. Plans, conducts, and completes data cleaning and data analysis projects under the supervision of the head of the laboratory. Assignments require the performance of complex analyses involving parametric and non-parametric statistics.
2. Performs routine data analysis and interpretation and verifies and corrects data entry.
3. Captures clinical information, demographic information, and health outcomes from patients with traumatic brain injury using descriptive and inferential statistics.
4. Collects and handles research data in compliance with protocol requirements and maintains detailed records for all data handling and analysis.
5. Assists with the writing and editing of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
4. May provide guidance to lower level laboratory staff.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of complex statistical modeling; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Newly graduated Master’s level degree in scientific discipline preferred. Proficiency with SPSS syntax, and R/R studio necessary. Experience with MATLAB also desirable.
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of directly related research experience
Physical Capabilities: may requires long periods of sitting and standing.
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.