Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a PEPFAR Senior Financial Analyst to support the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located at Rockledge Drive in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
The incumbent will work on the PEPFAR Financial Analysis Team. The team supports MHRP’s biggest program PEPFAR, conducting activities in four countries. The incumbent will help with coordination of financial data collection and analyses related to costing, budgeting, accounting, and reporting for the sponsor. The incumbent serves as a Financial Analyst supporting the PEPFAR Team Lead, PEPFAR Program, and MHRP Finance Director.
- Serves as an analyst supporting the financial and accounting data collection, review, and analysis.
- Provides accurate and timely data to inform funding decisions, through reports and analysis for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists with the development of various OGAC required financial reports
- Assists with the development of outlay analysis for countries receiving PEPFAR funding
- Provides input into strategic initiatives and decision making related to budget for cost projection of HIV/AIDS interventions. Support cost-effectiveness studies as needed.
- Works effectively with PEPFAR Strategic Information Advisors and Country Leads to assist with analysis of program budgets, work plans, and expenditure data to link program coverage goals for HIV/AIDS services.
- Supports processes for quarterly and annual reporting and budgeting; participate in associated review processes of budgeting, work plans, and expenditure following submissions.
- Assists in preparation and administration of tools, including budgeting, forecasting, submission compliance, resource tracking, and analysis.
- Aids in assuring the accountability, transparency, and efficiency of PEPFAR programs.
- Supports the annual budget formulation process at Headquarters and in the field
- Provide budget execution guidance and support to Headquarters-managed projects and Mission programs
- Interpret and analyze financial data to present findings and propose solutions
- . Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Incumbent will be required to work independently and without direct supervision for short periods of time.
- The incumbent must be able to identify critical aspects of their job and prioritize multiple competing projects with little or no direct daily guidance from supervisor.
- Must display initiative and possess “self-starter” qualities necessary for success in a fluid and dynamic work environment.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Excel including VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, pivot tables,
- QuickBooks Enterprise Software, and MS Access;
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal);
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic and multidisciplinary team environment;
- Customer Service Oriented;
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls;
- Strong research and analysis skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently;
- Ability to assimilate detailed information into the bigger picture;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Ability to manage competing priorities; ability to manage and respond to multiple requests and priorities in a timely manner.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
- Experience working with PEPFAR
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economic
Minimum Experience: 4 to 6 years of experience in accounting, finance, or budgeting.
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting using a personal computer; carrying heavy financial reports, and accessing files.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Position will report to PEPFAR Team Lead.
Work Environment: Office environment. Required to travel to visit international sites 2-4 times a year.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.