Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Senior Computer Support Specialist - Technical Lead to support the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. The position works within the Office of the Vice President for Information & Education Technology, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Customer Support Division, IT Service Desk (ISD) Department. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USU.
- Provides highly specialized hardware, software and network support to end-users at USU main and satellite campuses. Performs all customer service support for office automation applications, personal computers, and printers. Monitors servers and systems. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies. Researches and recommends hardware and software solutions.
- Utilize the Service Desk Ticketing system to track information technology issues reported by end users, troubleshoot, report/record/track/trouble calls, prioritize and resolve technical issues using standard operating procedures; Diagnoses reported hardware, software, and network problems. Resolves or repairs if possible and contracts additional technical support as necessary. Provides procedural; guidance, demonstrates, and provides direction on various systems.
- Serves as technical expert collaborating with network administrators, cyber specialist to assess, troubleshoot, resolve or make recommendations to resolve complex computer hardware, software, and/or network issues. Trains junior staff on technical support protocols per standard operating procedures.
- Serves as a member of the software deployment team; creates, maintains, tests compliant software images utilizing image server; uses proper change management procedures to update software images and approval for new products; responsible for image development and operation ensuring image is available to technicians for installation on end user devices.
- Continues to improve technical expertise through the identification of new technical alternatives to resolve problems and/or general improvements.
- Accurately documents and reports problems to technical staff for resolution. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Use interpersonal skills to work with a variety of management and technical personnel both within and outside of the university, training techniques to develop training programs, documentation and work with user community, and wide knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Trains other staff members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of Google suite, Active Directory, Account Management, Adobe Connect, CA Service Desk, CA ITCM, Microsoft applications, encryption applications, Windows O/S for desktop/server and MacOS, hardware and software installation, maintenance and upgrades.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: HS Diploma; Baschelor's degree preferre/ A+ Certification, Security+ Certification.
Minimum Experience: 4 – 6 years of computer-related experience; extensive knowledge of networking, computer software image development, security compliance configuration requirements.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Security+ Certification required
Physical Capabilities: Sitting, standing, walking and traveling to off sites; some carrying of computer equipment; able to lift 20lbs
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Reports to Department Branch Chief; may serve as Team Lead providing guidance to computer support specialist.
Work Environment: Office setting; telework authorized
Must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.