Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to support the Center of Rehabilitation Sciences Research (CRSR) in the Department of Rehabilitation of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) located in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USU.
This position requires scientific, programmatic and operational execution of CRSR research projects related to the cognitive, neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation of wounded warriors and veterans. Studies will include, but are not limited to: assistance with ongoing genetic clinical trials, retrospective/prospective investigation of health outcomes, assessment of traumatic brain injury, and testing of novel prosthetics and orthotics.
The candidate must have demonstrated writing experience and provide a sample prior to hiring.
1. Co-author grant applications to advance the standard of care for the injured military population.
2. Write study protocols and support the submission of protocols/continuing reviews to the institutional review board (IRB). Support internal and external audits (as needed).
3. Submit reports and protocol amendments to the Principal Investigator/IRB (i.e. Modification Form, Continuing Review, Closure Report, Adverse Event Reporting Form) and respond to IRB stipulations.
4. Maintain and review regulatory and source documents for current study protocols to ensure compliance with HJF, USU, and WRNMMC standards.
5. Coordinate with collaborators, study team members, and research participants to conduct study activities, including recruitment, enrollment, data collection, follow-up, etc. This will require an autonomous person who can lead studies and work with multiple stake holders.
6. Prepare samples for laboratory analysis. This may include, but is not limited to: centrifuge and aliquot blood samples per study protocols, prepare kits for analysis, help with shipment to facilities, etc.
7. Assist with conducting literature reviews, writing/editing/designing abstracts and posters for presentation in scientific settings, and writing/editing manuscripts for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
8. Review medical records and assist with data collection for research studies.
9. Compile and analyze data using basic scientific and statistical techniques.
Prefered Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: This candidate must have demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas:
1. Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills
2. Physical science-related background; strong skills in research with study design and administration experience.
3. Physical science-related background; research skills in study design and administration (experience interacting with an IRB strongly preferred); proficiency in basic statistical analysis preferred.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years’ experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; interaction with patients
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: N/A
Work Environment: Laboratory and Clinical setting
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.