This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant II to support the NeuroTactical Research Program at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in San Diego, California. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the USUHS Department of Neurology. Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides technical and field support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Performs field research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
2. Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Maintains compliance with established range safety and other procedures.
6. Develops weekly teleconference agenda and notes
7. Schedules and coordinates participant study tests; manages testing board used during participant visits
8. Organizes and schedules training for current team members; conducts training for site personnel
9. Creates new study documents.
10. Schedules staff for testing dates and make sure all tasks are covered
11. Completes participant tracking
12. Store I-9s and study forms including regulatory and consent documents
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard field study techniques; ability to follow general instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 2 to 4 years of field research experience
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: office environment and heavy weapons training sites. 10-20% travel required.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources