Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a LIMS Programmer who will work with the U.S. Military HIV Research Program (MHRP), Department of Laboratory Diagnostics and Monitoring (DLDM) LabWare LIMS (and ancillary applications) to support the department’s laboratory operations. The incumbent supports the full lifecycle of the LabWare LIMS application, from specifying requirements and design through configuration, development, implementation and life cycle support. The LIMS Programmer helps maintain the LIMS systems in a validated state by observing structured change management techniques. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Scientific Applications Team Lead and in close coordination with the DLDM staff and leadership to maximize the effectiveness of laboratory automation efforts.
- Evaluates the LIMS requirements to support DLDM operations and recommends solutions for LIMS systems design and implementation efforts.
- Collaborates in coordination with the Scientific Applications Team Lead in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new LIMS applications and enhancements to existing LIMS applications as well as monitors existing functionality.
- Works with Scientific Applications Team Lead and LIMS Administrator to ensure LIMS applications are maintained in a validated state.
- In conjunction with the Scientific Applications Team Lead, creates and maintains necessary formal LIMS system documentation including; User Requirement Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Configuration Test Plans and Summary Reports, etc.
- Collaborates with the Scientific Applications Team Lead to create SOPs, test scripts, and training materials to support the use of LIMS applications.
- Provides support and technical assistance to LIMS system end-users in both DLDM office and laboratory environments.
- In coordination with the LIMS Administrator responds to user inquiries concerning systems operations and helps troubleshoot system and operator problems; investigates and resolves system issues, assists in correcting user errors.
- Works with the DLDM and IT staff in processing LIMS change control requests.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide functional requirements to application developers and IT systems design and support personnel.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes. Develops, standardizes, and maintains new or improved processes based on findings and analysis
- Provides assistance managing data interfaces with external collaborators.
- Perform duties listed above for other DLDM software systems (e.g. FreezerWorks, MasterControl, SmartGene, Q-Pulse, LDMS, Rees, and/or GlobalTrace).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least two years of experience designing and implementing solutions in LabWare LIMS v6 and/or LabWare LIMS v7.
- Power user of LabWare LIMS Crystal Reports.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Proven experience with functional requirements analysis and business process modeling/mapping as they relate to laboratory automation.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to manage and maintain document changes.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to meet organizational goals.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with clinical data management and data interface formats such as HL7 or CDISC.
- Experience using or supporting laboratory related applications.
- Background working in regulated environments and/or clinical laboratories.
- Experience with any of the following systems: FreezerWorks, MasterControl, SmartGene, Q-Pulse, LDMS, Rees, and/or GlobalTrace
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: BS/BA preferably in a scientific or computer science related discipline.
Minimum Experience: Two years of experience managing LabWare LIMS laboratory information management system in a production environment.. At least two years of experience managing LabWare LIMS in a regulated laboratory environment, preferred..
Physical Capabilities: Ability to communicate verbally, write and prepare documents in a variety of formats, travel to and move within the Program's research sites.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Incumbent reports to the Scientific Applications Team Lead.
Work Environment: General office environment within a research laboratory.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.