Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Clinical Project Manager to support the Emerging Infectious Diseases Branch (EIDB) Located at Rockledge Drive in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to EIDB.
Under the direction of the Associate Director for Programs and Operations, the Clinical Project Manager (CPM) will work with a team of Research Physicians to develop project plans and support budget development activities, track progress of assigned programmatic research studies under the purview of WRAIR and EIDB. The CPM will organize communication with study teams located in the U.S. and internationally, and integrate administrative activities supporting clinical research projects. Travel is required.
- Support EIDB’s multi-site clinical projects by coordinating operational, administrative, and diverse programmatic activities.
- Responsible for management of the day-to-day operations of the research projects by applying comprehensive knowledge of clinical development and project management.
- Assists with site development including establishing site logistics. Including, supporting the training and development of all in-country clinical staff members.
- Work with the project team to develop and maintain project documentation (project scope, schedule, budgets, communication plans, & etc.) and monitor progress throughout the duration of the study.
- Develop and manage study budgets and track any required project agreements and contracts with EIDB.
- Liaise and work with project area leads to ensure development of necessary study documentation, clinical database, CRFs, and ICFs. Liaise with clinical operations team lead to ensure the development of and adherence to operations documents and procedures. Liaise with regulatory team lead to ensure compliance with regulatory jurisdiction of each site and all applicable U.S. agencies.
- Coordinate with team leads in each project area to prepare written study-related progress reports and oral briefings.
- Assist in the development and management of research proposals.
- Assess risks to project performance, and independently or in collaboration with study team, develop risk mitigation proposals for consideration by responsible leadership. Implement selected mitigation plan(s) and monitor outcomes.
- Manage communications within project team, organize meetings and develop appropriate agendas, managing meeting minutes and their appropriate dissemination, and follow up on action items with responsible parties. Support research physicians by assisting with meeting management and the development of plans, reports and presentations as required.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the HJF, HJFMRI, MHRP, EIDB, WRAIR, USAMRMC, and DoD operations, policies and regulations as they pertain to the work being conducted at EIDB.
- Report and escalate project issues to management as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of general office procedures; knowledge of protocols and policies and procedures associated with them; excellent communication and computer skills; ability to handle multiple tasks.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
Work Environment: Set in an Office Laboratory environment.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.