Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant (Clinical Trials) to support the Department of Psychiatry and Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress (CSTS), Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. This position is located at the Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD). HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CSTS.
Function: To assist with subject recruitment for two intervention studies and other research support functions.
- Recruit participants for studies of patients with PTSD and studies of hospital shift workers. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information in-person at various departments at Naval Medical Center San Diego, ensuring adequate supply of advertising materials at several advertising sites and recruiting sites
- Complete all paperwork associated with recruitment, screening, and treatment visits, including
- Collecting participant contact information and pre-screening materials
- Conducting Informed Consent with new participants
- Ensuring completion of self-report measures
- Scoring of screening measures to determine participant eligibility
- Guiding participants through study orientation
- Escorting participants to phlebotomy clinic to ensure timely blood sample collection
- Transporting and/or shipping of blood and/or saliva samples
- Assist with organization, maintenance and proper storage of recruiting and screening records
- Receive study supplies and equipment
- Create study kits, including supplies and paperwork, for study participants
- Assist with assignment and initialization of study equipment
- Assist with data entry, scoring and analysis
- Assist with inputting messages for text reminder system
- Assist with developing procedures manuals
- Attend Research Team meetings as required (both in-person and via phone/skype)
- Assist with production of conference presentation materials and manuscripts
- Other study-related duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Psychology/psychiatry/neuroscience clinical research background.
- Familiarity/ease with medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professionalism in interacting with co-workers.
Minimum Education: B.A. or B.S. in psychology or neuroscience.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3 – 5 years of experience.
Background/Security: US Citizenship is required. Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.