Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Archaeologist to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, HI. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services DPAA. US Citizenship is required for this position.
The archaeologist will provide professional and scientific assistance pertaining to DPAA’s partner-related activities. Travel may be on military and commercial aircraft. This position regularly interfaces with employees, consultants, partners, and contractors, and communicates through briefings and written products with Agency leadership, U.S. Government employees, family members, foreign officials, and partners as well as potential partners.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of field activity-related partnerships to contribute to DPAA’s mission.
- Coordinate partner-related field activity efforts.
- Occasionally travel for partnership development or assistance, or other activities as required by DPAA.
- Complies with all DPAA requirements for reporting and coordinating and all plans and results through all appropriate channels.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Work directly and independently with clients.
- Follow all client policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of DPAA mission and past field activities.
- Knowledge of mission planning, execution, oversight, and logistical support.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with all levels or an organization to include management and mission partners in an independent manner to achieve required results.
- Experience working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Experience supporting and anticipating mission needs and demonstrating problem-solving skills.
- Experience performing tasks under tight deadlines and managing shifting priorities.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements:
- A graduate degree in archeology, anthropology, or closely related field (minimum requirement of MA, PhD preferred).
- At least one year of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in logistics, planning, and/or execution of archaeological field activities.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting large-scale, detailed planning from project conception through execution and assessment.
- At least four months of supervised field and analytic experience in general archeology.
- Demonstrated ability to carry field projects to completion.
- Detailed oriented.
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Physical Capabilities: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to access information using a computer for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Incumbent must be capable of working in stressful situations with short deadlines.
- Ability to withstand climatic extremes, and high altitudes, as needed.
- Ability to backpack long distances, in extreme terrain, while carrying significant amounts of equipment and supplies, yet still be able to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.