This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine is seeking a GIS Analyst to support the Navy Marine Corps Public Health Center’s Health Analysis Division in Portsmouth, VA. The candidate will assist with the evaluation of the Navy Medical enterprise for capacity and sustainability.
“Relocation assistance, sign-on, and other incentive bonuses may be available to qualified and selected candidates; subject to approval.”
1. Support the research and datadriven analysis of logical and physical critical infrastructure networks and systems
2. Create and maintain geospatial databases supporting the analysis and visualization of geospatial data.
3. Develop products to aid in facilities and program planning based on population characteristics, utilization, land values, and healthcare coverage for existing military facilities.
4. Make oral presentations to internal and external audiences.
5. Act as a member of a team, leading subtasks that comprise a larger analysis, documenting analytic processes and procedures, and contributing to quality assurance.
6. Completes other projects as needed.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: MS degree in Geospatial Information Systems or a related field.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of experience in geospatial analysis in order to assist with the
evaluation of the Navy Medical enterprise for capacity and sustainability with experience using Geospatial Analysis software (ArcGIS, Google Earth, Quick Terrain Modeler) and Imagery Exploitation software (ERDAS Imagine and ENVI) to exploit Remotely Sensed Imagery (RSI). Experience in Terrain Analysis, Cartography, Geodetic Survey and the Global
Positioning System (GPS) preferred.
Physical Capabilities: n/a
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: office environment; some local travel may be required
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.