This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an SAS Programmer to support the Navy Marine Corps Public Health Center’s Health Analysis Division in Portsmouth, VA. The candidate will assist with the evaluation of the Navy Medical enterprise for capacity and sustainability.
“Relocation assistance, sign-on, and other incentive bonuses may be available to qualified and selected candidates; subject to approval.”
1. Establish data requirements from a nontechnical customer, write the applicable programs, and deliver the results in a comprehensible format.
2. Extract data - in particular military healthcare claims data - from large tables.
3. Provide SAS programming and technical expertise on statistical analysis, methods, and techniques for epidemiological or research studies. Construct SAS programs.
4. Review SAS programs others have written for correctness and efficiency.
5. Formulate analysis and data collection plans.
6. Routinely explore existing databases and resources to identify opportunities to improve existing or create new products.
7. Occasionally perform sample, size, and power calculations and stratification and randomization of studies.
8. Maintain responsibility for ensuring the statistical validity and epidemiological applicability of study activities.
9. Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities: 3 years’ SAS experience writing and debugging programs. Expertise and mastery of the SAS language and/or other statistical packages such as R. Experience with SAS DATA Step Processing, SQL Processing, SAS Macro Language, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH, Data Management with Large Datasets.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to apply and interpret analytical and mathematical tools through the programming environment to address complex issues involving multiple table structures with complex query designs. Experience manipulating complex datasets – in particular healthcare claims data. Familiarity with IDC9/10 diagnosis and procedures codes and CPT codes is a plus. Minimum 5 years’ experience in biostatistics or epidemiology. Experience with Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) Standards. Master of Science degree.
Physical Capabilities: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Background: US Citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and hold Department of Defense issued Secret Clearance.
Work Environment: office environment; some local travel may be required
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the