Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an IT Programmer Specialist to support the Navy Marine Corps Public Health Center’s Health Analysis Division in Portsmouth, VA. The candidate will assist with the evaluation of the Navy Medical enterprise for capacity and sustainability.
1. Create internet applications that enhance userdeveloped content and
meet business and technical requirements and deliver ecommerce and e
Government products and services to internal and external audiences.
2. Provide internet services that optimize customer experiences and ensure Internet services comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related requirements.
3. Responsible for data collection dealing directly with the end user/customer.
4. Collecting new requirements for development to meet customer’s needs.
5. Monitor and assist in carrying out server maintenance functions.
6. Assist, select and apply the most effective delivery formats.
7. Work with IT to ensure that Webbased content is accessible to all users.
8. Provide guidance in determining the most appropriate methods for delivering information via the Internet.
9.Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Experience with Interactive Media, Graphic Illustration, Motion Graphics, Web Design, Print Design HTML, Java Script, C#, Microsoft.net 4.5 or higher, and CSS. Expertise with TSQL and SQL Server 2008r2 or higher as well as Windows Server 2008r2 or higher and Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 or higher. Expert knowledge of languages and practices needed to develop web pages and to convert userdeveloped content into workable Web pages, create easily navigable Web pages and basic scripts or code, evaluate code and repair errors, and builds or upport Webenabled database applications. Must be skilled in Adobe Creative Suite CS6, Visual Studio 2014, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: BS degree in computer science or web design or a related field.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years of experience in an IT environment with the ability to web related activities and develop web applications and web portals.
Physical Capabilities: n/a
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: CompTIA Security+ certification.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: office environment; some local travel may be required
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the