Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Senior JAVA Developer to support the Center of Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM) located in Rockville, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CNRM.
This individual hired for this position is responsible for the design, development, customization, and support of in-house Java web applications and/or software, database applications, and other solutions not available in off-the-shelf modular software required to meet the needs of the CNRM Informatics Core.
- Work with the CNRM Informatics Core director, development team leads and development team members to identify and refine functional project requirements, develop application and appropriate designs, based on specific project needs. Able to test, implement, deploy and document all work. In addition, able to support and maintain non-commercial inhouse JAVA systems.
- Develop and maintain applications using JAVA, Spring MVC, Apache Struts and Angular Js.
- Perform complex programming, program debugging, systems analysis and issue resolution in a timely and accurate fashion in JAVA.
- Familiar with the use of the JIRA System for tracking project milestones, deliverables for monthly management reporting and communicate effectively with teams internally and stakeholders externally.
- Able to use Enterprise Architect to design and implement relational schema in Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, and/or NoSQL databases.
- Enforce the use of software engineering best practices, UML diagramming, use cases, code inspection/review (SonarSource) and prepare technical design documentation.
- Prepare appropriate test plans to test code, component, interface. Migrate legacy software and databases to mitigate the risk of bugs and security issues.
- Play a key role on a collaborative project team with solid OOD/OOP foundation, responsible for the design and production of mission-critical enterprise-scale systems.
- Translate requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Contribute to the overall project success by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
- Able to work cohesively in a team and to be able to thrive in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Able to meet critical deadlines and collaborate with fellow team members to achieve team results on major deliverables.
- Able to quickly assimilate into current development framework and understand the system that is being developed.
- Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must have domain specific knowledge. Excellent written and oral presentation skills are a must.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree required.
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Background: U.S. Citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.