Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Database Manager/Administrator III to support the Naval Marine Corps Public Health Command (NMCPHC)’s Dosimetry Center at the Naval Support Activity located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NMCPHC.
The Database Manager/Administrator IIII will be planning, coordinating and administering computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long range requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
1. Architects, designs, oversee the development of, or administers computerized databases.
2. Installs the applicable databases onto the appropriate computer operating systems, creates databases, configure databases (for a data warehousing application), use import utilities to install databases.
3. Creates Indexes, Clusters, Snapshots, Views, and other database objects, as well as, management of Rollback Segments, Data File Size, and all the other aspects related to the performance tuning of databases.
4. Write code for update queries, update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintain a data correction log.
5. Create and maintain data correction logs that identify the date the correction that was performed, tables and fields effected, submission effected, error code effected, and other pertinent metadata.
6. Expand and update the data dictionary for the database and any related applications.
7. Completes other projects as needed.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s degree in systems engineering or computer science with C#, Java, Visual Basic. Extensive experience with TSQL required. Skilled in software development utilizing Microsoft's ExtractLoadTranslate (ETL) tool and SQL Servers Integration Services (SSIS) to handle and develop various data processes as well as Microsoft SQL Server 2008r2 or higher, Visual Studio.Net, MS. Expertise using Report Builder and working in MAGTF Collaborative Architecture Environment (MCAE).
Minimum Experience: at least 12 years experience in the IT environment as a database administration (DBA), programmer providing software development or system analysis.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Current CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft SQL Server certifications.
Work Environment: Office environment; some local travel may be required.
Background: U.S. Citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.