Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant II to support the Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton (NAMRU-D) located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH in Dayton, OH. Provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NAMRU-D. Responsibilities are to provide aeromedical laboratory support.
1. Assist principal investigators (PI) in Institutional Review Board (IRB) packet development and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
2. Assist with the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated research studies, including regulatory requirements, maintenance of files/study records and all activities associated with internal and external audits.
3. Clean and maintain instrumentation, equipment, and laboratories.
4. Modify and plan research experiments, procedures, tests, or survey instruments.
5. Recruit, schedule and assist with research subjects, study data collection to include physiological testing such as electroencephalography (EEG) and polysomnography (PSG), cognitive testing, and subject notification of study inclusion / exclusion. Generate purchase orders, track purchases, and fill out paperwork.
6. Perform data management to include data entry, verification, and analysis.
7. Assist with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
8. Monitor supply inventory and replenish stocks through established Command supply procedures.
9. During data collection periods, must be willing and able to work nontraditional hours (e.g., nights, weekends) as needed.
10. Assist and educate entry-level contractor research assistant personnel in the understanding and performance of their duties.
11. Perform other duties within the scope of a Research Assistant II.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Detail-oriented, people person. Ability to talk to strangers and make them feel welcome. Strong interpersonal skills. Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Demonstrates sound written and oral communication skills in English. Accurate and conscientious in following written and verbal instructions, is flexible, willing to learn new tasks, and work as part of a team. Ability to perform literature reviews.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in psychology, biological science, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 4-6 years of experience in a research laboratory working with humans to demonstrate the ability to perform the tasks described above gained through work or school, preferably in a research setting.
Physical Capabilities: Requires long periods of working in a laboratory setting and/or at a computer; may lift materials weighing no more than 30 lbs.
Security Clearance: This is a Position of Trust. Must submit to and be able to complete a background investigation. U.S. citizenship required.
Work Environment: Office and laboratory environment.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.