Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a part time Laboratory Technician to support the Radiation Countermeasures Program at the Scientific Research Department in the Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USUHS. Incumbent is responsible for assisting with research objectives of the laboratory in collaboration with others, and provides routine and basic laboratory and technical support to senior research and professional staff.
1. Provide routine semi-technical work involving a variety of laboratory support duties. Work involves performance of a variety of laboratory tasks of minimal complexity to assist in the maintenance and operation of a research laboratory.
2. Assists in assembling equipment and in preparing materials for experiments. Prepares reagents and solutions under the guidance of laboratory staff.
3.Assists in the maintenance of laboratory specimens, slides, equipment, supplies, and glassware.
4. Assists in conducting semi-routine experiments and analyses.
5. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: College Student
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years’ experience of working in a laboratory environment.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.