Join the HJF Team! HJF is seeking a Administrative Assistant – Clinical Research to support the Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program (IDCRP) located at the Uniformed Service University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to IDCRP.
- Responsible for all activities to process travel requests, arrangements, and reimbursements with a focus on excellent and timely customer service to foster participant retention and study team satisfaction. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating travel through direct interactions with study participants, site Travel and Clinical Research Coordinators, HJF travel office, protocol teams, and others
- Receiving, reviewing, and processing travel requests through HJF travel
- Making travel arrangements including transportation and lodging
- Ensuring receipt of travel reimbursement requests from participants, reviewing for accuracy, processing these through HJF, and verifying receipt of reimbursement
- Maintaining ongoing availability for travel-related issues, either via provided cell phone or well-planned/-communicated coverage
- Proactively provides ongoing reports of travel activity, costs, payments, and other information to the Clinical Research Manager and others; delivers advice and supports efforts to improve travel program efficiency, effectiveness, and contain costs, while helping maximize participant retention.
- As time allows, supports protocol development and execution by assisting the Clinical Research Manager with duties such as preparing, and submitting research concepts and protocols; preparation of study manuals, data collection instruments, and other documents; IRB applications, modifications, and responses; and in other ways. Also assists with Research Area tasks such as report preparation, meetings, and in other ways.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications; Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments; Skill in statistical interpretation and data analysis using statistical software and/or spreadsheets and database software applications; Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and project management skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Science such as Sociology, Psychology or related field.
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of clinical research experience.
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting
Work Environment: office environment
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.