Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Privacy Analyst to support the Information Technology Department at Home Office in Bethesda, MD.
The Privacy Analyst, as part of the GIS team, will be an instrumental addition to the effectiveness of this program as HJF continues to expand and various legislations are enacted to protect the rights of data privacy. The Privacy Analyst will coordinate data privacy requests, liaising with business areas, Information Security, Information Technology, and Information Governance. The Privacy Analyst will also research all applicable laws and regulations for any territory that all HJF employees are geographically located; conduct cross comparative analysis on those laws and regulations; and be a crucial member of the incident response team in the event of a data breach.
1. Assist with data privacy activities and processes including privacy reviews, Data Protection Impact Assessments and recording of processing activities. As well as provide support to the Privacy Office with ad hoc projects as requested.
2. Assist in driving data privacy risk management and improvement, including providing oversight of data privacy controls and testing the effectiveness of implemented controls where appropriate.
3. Work with stakeholders on data privacy laws, compliance and risks as required (for example by providing input on any changes to scope in controls or processes required as a result of new local laws).
4. Meet with all Business units to document intake of PII data, data set, storage location, and audit authorized users.
5. Assist Privacy Office in developing Incidents Response plans.
6. Be involved in data privacy regulatory and auditory requirements e.g. assist the Privacy Officer managing responses to requests from regulators – information, inspection, and audit.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Assist with handling escalations and conflicts from business units; Assist in developing and presenting tailored training for high-risk business units; Recognize and appropriately deal with conflicts of interest and other concerns.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of experience
Physical Capabilities: work requires some standing, climbing, crawling and sitting
Work Environment: office environment; some local travel may be required
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.