This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Accounting Administrator to support the Accounts Payable Department at HJF Home Office in Bethesda, MD.
1. Maintains the online Oracle vendor master file for HJF and HJFMRI Entities. To include: Entering new vendors, modifying vendor information and maintaining accurate and complete 1099 information. Ensures that vendor information is correct, without duplicates, and that vendors are properly documented prior to adding or modifying the vendor information in Oracle.
2. Sets up ACH (Direct Deposit) in the Oracle Database.
3. Processes receiving in the Purchasing module and acts as a back up to the Sr. Receiving Coordinator.
4. Picks up, opens and date stamps mail on a daily basis.
5. Sort and prep mail for scanning into ImageNow. To include evaluating mail for any special processing (i.e. rushes, credit cards, international invoices).
6. Reviews invoices scanned into ImageNow to ensure they have been accurately and legibly scanned.
7. Distributes the scanned invoices into the appropriate ImageNow queue.
8. Folds Accounts Payable checks and ACH remittances and hand carries to the mailroom.
9. Works with the Accounting, Accounts Payable, Travel, Internal Control and Reporting, and Payroll Departments to ensure supply orders are fulfilled and distributed.
10. Keeps the Accounts Payable Manager informed of any ongoing or unresolved accounts payable issues.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal skills required, including the ability to communicate in a professional manner, and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers; Knowledge of vendor set up process, W-9 forms and 1099 process preferred; Accuracy and attention to detail.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associate's degree.
Minimum Experience: 2 to 4 years office experience in an automated accounting/accounts payable environment.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.