Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Electrical Engineer to support the Facilities Department located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to the Facilities Department.
The Electrical Engineer will be involved with the planning, design and construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and protections systems, emergency and standby power supply in accordance to all applicable codes and standards as well as performing site surveys during construction, attending client meetings, and doing engineering studies of existing buildings.
- Review preliminary construction documents for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Serve as the Facilities Department’s technical consultant concerning electrical aspects of energy conservation and new construction and repair projects, including investigation, criteria, design, construction, implementation and fuel utilization.
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
- Develop the Scope of Work and Construction Cost Estimate.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the Sustainment and Asset Management Division (SAD) on technical problems encountered during operation and maintenance activities.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, learn, and work in a fast pace environment under limited supervision.
- Capable working as part of a team to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient Computer and Software Skills. Knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite, AutoCAD (2015 edition minimum).
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to changes and willingness to be flexible.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and electrical equipment standards is required.
- Conversant in engineering, architectural, and construction principles.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/Training Requirements: 9 – 10 years of relevant experience.
Licenses, Certification or Registration: PE license preferred.
Work Environment: Office.
Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.