This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate II to support the Research and Evaluation Directorate at the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) in Bethesda MD. Responsible for providing administrative project assistance in order to maximize the effective use of project resources. Specific areas include: data collection and analysis, identification and application for new sources of funding, completion of day-to-day requirements of ongoing research projects, assisting with dissemination of Directorate research findings.
HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CDP
1. Works with the Director, Assistant Director and Program Manager to support all Directorate activities.
2. Assists with tracking the ongoing research and scholarship efforts within the CDP, providing regular updates on activities to the Program Manager.
3. Contributes to the identification of new research funding opportunities by scanning relevant web outlets for grants, summarizing relevant funding opportunities, and submitting them to the Directorate’s leadership team.
4. Assists in the Directorates efforts to prepare submissions for new research funding, including letters of intent and full proposals by conducting background research and contributing relevant content. Supports Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions as needed.
5. Supports all phases of data collection and analysis for research activities under the Research Directorate, including survey development, deployment, data collection, and statistical analysis.
6. Assists with the program evaluation process within the CDP, including survey instrument development, data collection, statistical analysis, and developing and submitting summary reports.
7. Provides support for project activities from the Directorate’s ongoing research projects, to include coordination of logistical support for trainings, scheduling meetings, and note taking.
8. Contributes to various Directorate products, including posters, conference presentations, white papers and journal article submissions by conducting background literature reviews and drafting content.
9. Provides similar support to Medical and Clinical Psychology student research projects under the Military Stress Studies Laboratory (MiSSL).
10. Performs other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s Degree in mental health or public health field preferred.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years related experience in either research support role or mental health clinical experience.
Work Environment: CDP’s headquarters office in Rockville, MD or, to a limited extent, in a telework stetting.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources