Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Administrative Assistant I to support the Infectious Diseases Clinical Research Program (IDCRP) located at the Program Coordination Center (PCC) in Rockville, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to IDCRP.
The Incumbent performs a wide range of administrative and clerical duties for the PCC. Work assignments can be complex in nature and considerable judgment is required in resolving problems.
- Responsible for processing all IDCRP business travel arrangements for staff, guests, military and federal employees. Also responsible for creating travel orders and travel vouchers in Defense Travel System (DTS) for IDCRP/PMB military & federal staff.
- Responsible for contacting all military & federal staff to obtain proper information to prepare and generate an in-kind (Gift of Travel) letter for military & federal employees that IDCRP is funding to travel. Responsible for delivery of signed in-kind letters and follows up to verify that command approval has been obtained.
- Responsible for obtaining proper information for the DTS cross organization of funds (X-org) for military & federal employees. Once received, she sends the X-org form to USUHS for approval. Once signed X-org has been received, she sends the X-org & instructions to the military or federal employee for X-org approval within their legal department at their command/jag. Has to follow up with employee to make sure they have in-kind approval has been received.
- Orchestrates all IDCRP annual research area meetings, workshops and leaders meetings. Responsible for coordinating with the clinical research managers to make sure all of the meeting logistics are taken care of. Requires preparation of the formal invitation, save the date emails and reminder emails. Responsible for preparing and delivering the USUHS hosting request and the HJF meeting request forms. Responsible for following up to confirm that USU/HJF meeting requests have been approved.
- Responsible for assisting employees & new hires with obtaining a CAC, receiving military base access & military base parking. This process consists of providing the correct documents to the new hires & employees. Reviews all information prior to scheduling an appointment and escorting the employees & new hires to the USUHS Office.
- Responsible for front desk duties which include validating parking, greeting guests and submitting IT requests for all PCC/DCC employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating IDCRP travel databases, spreadsheets and travel approval forms. These spreadsheets are updated using protocol and non-protocol balances on all cost codes assigned.
- Responsible for processing the Petty Cash Reimbursement requests. The requests are printed and delivered to the appropriate program manager for approval. After obtaining approval the forms are scanned and delivered to the appropriate department for processing.
- Performs typing assignments and proofreads all work.
- Operates automated office equipment as needed.
- Assists in the development of standard procedures and the improvement of processes.
- Works directly with Chief of Finance and Research Operations with updating the IDCRP supervisor list of all employees. Communication between the site mangers is required to obtain the revisions needed to keep the form updated.
- Provides excellent customer support with any assistance that is needed.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining department office supplies and equipment throughout the suite.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.; excellent communication skills; ability to type at least 60 wpm, operate a computer, and effectively communicate with a diverse group of people. Previous travel experience strongly preferred. Previous military and federal experience strongly preferred.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree or experience.
Minimum Experience: 2 - 4 years of office experience.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Background: Eligible to pass a NACI background to obtain a Common Access Card.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.