Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Part-time Temporary Research Assistant (16hrs/wk) to support the Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management (DVCIPM) located in Rockville, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to DVCIPM.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting research in collaboration with associated investigators for projects relating to pain for the Defense & Veterans Center for Integrative Pain Management (DVCIPM). Provides research, laboratory, data management, and administrative support to technical, professional, and clinical staff.
- Assist executing research protocols including developing, writing, recruiting, consenting, assessing for inclusion/exclusion criteria, implementing the study, data collection, and ensuring compliance with regulatory affairs and requirements of relevant regulatory departments.
- Implement study once it is approved including collecting source documents, using Data Collection Sheet or Case Report Form (CRF).
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed for all patient contacts, protocols are strictly adhered to, and data is accurately collected and recorded.
- Prepares and submits addenda, registration and management of Adverse Events, Annual Progress Reports and other required documentation to Department Research Programs (DRP) and Henry Jackson Foundation (HJF) Regulatory Affairs Office.
- Educate patients and their families on research protocol, purpose of the study, procedures, and patient responsibilities, answer questions, and discuss risks and benefits of participation. Explain and obtain Informed Consent and HIPAA.
- Maintains databases. Performs data entry for research projects ensuring that data is entered for analysis in a timely, efficient manner. Ensures that the confidentiality and security of data are maintained.
- Assists clinical users in database interaction (i.e. Innovian) as necessary, performing queries upon PI’s direction.
- Keep a Master List of all pending and approved protocols, as well as, all consented patients and date of consent.
- Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments.
- Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
- Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, publications, and presentations.
- Communicate with research staff, regulatory authorities, and sponsors.
- Assists staff with administrative tasks, such as maintaining files, copying, faxing, mailing documents, and operating automated office equipment as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of organized meetings and training. May include conference calls, space reservations, catering, creates/gathers informational documents and equipment, registration, and travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of clinical research and standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline preferred.
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years research and/or laboratory experience preferable.
Physical Capabilities: Periods of standing and sitting; handling specimens or chemicals.
Work Environment: Hospital environment.
Other: Time will be split between the DVCIPM location in Rockville, MD and at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
Background: US Citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and hold Department of Defense issued Secret Clearance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.