Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an Operations Manager for the Neuro Tactical Research Team (NTRT) to support the H.R. 734 program known as the Combat and Training Queryable Exposure/Event Repository (CONQUER) program within the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM). HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CNRM
The incumbent will be responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others. Provides technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
(employment location(s) – Fort Bragg NC, Camp Lejeune NC, Norfolk VA, or San Diego CA)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage, Observe and Communicate (51%), the incumbent shall;
- Identify, initiate and maintain communication with selected military units/commands.
- Gather, develop and maintain pertinent data and information and communicate all applicable data and information of the program(s) to all appropriate NTRT, DOD components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members as required.
- Prepare and deliver reports and briefs to all appropriate NTRT, DOD components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members for information, guidance, support, recommendations and decision.
- Update tracking and reporting software on NTRT share portal to ensure and maintain a common operational picture for the NTRT.
- Attend all appropriate conferences and meetings to keep a common awareness of emerging requirements, information and issues and be able to review and address emerging and future requirements, information and issues as needed.
- Maintain the history of program information and operations using tracking and reporting software on the NTRT shared portal.
- Plan and Execute Unit Engagement, Program Implementation, Data Collection, Storage and Dissemination (49%), the incumbent shall;
- Plan and execute initial and continuing engagement with identified components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members as required.
- Plan and facilitate with key persons from the identified component commands, units and staff codes to develop and execute implementation and data collection specific to that unit.
- Plan for and securely disseminate and store collected data and information as required.
- Prepare and deliver data, information, guidance, review, and decision reports and briefs to all appropriate NTRT, DOD components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members as needed.
- Perform other duties related to the program that may arise.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Incumbent must possess significant analytical, organizational, coordination, and negotiation skills to effectively direct personnel and to effectively prioritize often-conflicting requirements to ensure that the NTRT, DOD components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members requirements are met.
- Incumbent must have thorough knowledge and understanding of DOD organizational structure, community, training requirements, safety requirements and culture.
- Incumbent must have a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software programs, multimedia platforms (texts, video, internet use, conference calls, etc...) and general technical knowledge and experience to develop expertise with Blast Gauge hardware and software.
- Incumbent must have a high degree of sound, independent judgment to effectively resolve problems and issues.
- Incumbent must possess highly effective oral and written communication skills to facilitate coordination with multiple entities to provide expert analytical services and advice. Incumbent must also express operational information and requirements in a clear and concise manner.
- The incumbent is responsible for interpreting current policies and regulations impacting all areas of the Program(s) including, but not limited to unit engagement, program implementation, data collection, storage, dissemination, equipment, funding, and travel in support of the Program(s).
- The incumbent must think creatively, while demonstrating sound judgment, in order to react effectively and efficiently with limited funding and assets to respond to a dynamically changing environment.
- The incumbent must use ingenuity and discretion when interpreting the intent of the guidelines that do exist and in developing applications to specific areas or projects of interest.
- This position will, daily, expose the incumbent to multiple and competing tasks, many of which will be of a time-sensitive nature. The incumbent must possess the ability to work under stressful conditions and be able to prioritize tasks. This position will require significant interaction with senior officials and others from many diverse roles and backgrounds as requirements dictate.
- This position brings stability, continuity, and leadership to the Program(s). The incumbent will be a valuable source of experience and corporate knowledge for the NTRT. The employee will provide counsel to the NTRT and the Director of Operations on numerous recurring and emergent issues, to include policy, organization, manning, training, funding, and travel.
- The incumbent coordinates, communicates and maintains communication with civilian organizations, DOD, SOF, Conventional Forces, medical, legal, operations, training, and scheduling officers to coordinate support and participation as required.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High School Degree, Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable/military warfare qualification in the combat arms, any service.
Minimum Experience: 5 or more years’ experience
Physical Capabilities: Work is sometimes sedentary, performed in an office setting and sometimes active and outdoors. Travel from the worksite to locations around the area, region, the CONUS and the world is required (up to 25% of time). Travel is accomplished by driving or using commercial or military aircraft and other public conveyances. Incumbent must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. for a short distance.
Required Licenses, Clearance, Certification or Registration: A Secret Security Clearance is required. Incumbent must be able to access DOD installations, physical and virtual work spaces.
- Incumbent reports directly to the Director of Operations. The incumbent provides critical direction, advice, and counsel in the resolution of issues within or affecting the NTRT, DOD components, commands and units’ leadership and staff members.
- Incumbent works independently to plan, schedule, design and carry out programs and projects. Results of work are considered as technically and professionally authoritative and are accepted without change. Work is reviewed only in terms of achievement of program objectives, effects of advice and influence of the overall program, and the contribution to the advancement of the program.
- Results and ideas are communicated to the NTRT almost daily. Results and initiatives and recommendations are communicated to the Director of Operations almost daily. Provide weekly status report to Director of Operations and update operational efforts in advance of a weekly conference call.
Work Environment: Work space is usually that of a typical office setting equipped with proper heat, light, and ventilation. On occasion work is performed in field conditions with austere temperatures and climates. Incumbent may also maintain and work from a home office in order to enhance job performance.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.