Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Computer Support Specialist – Google Management to support the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, MD. The position works within the Office of the Vice President for Information & Education Technology, Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Customer Support Division, IT Service Desk (ISD) Department. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USU.
- Performs all tasks involving Google Suite Management, Network Account Management, personal computer hardware, software, video conferencing, network, connectivity, training, personal computer operations and management.
- Responsible for administration of management of Google Suite enterprise email and business applications; providing technical support and training, creating, maintaining accounts, installation, and configuration, networking, software maintenance and troubleshooting(i.e. selection and usage; remote software) and peripherals. The employee may be assigned as a team leader within the department, which involves directing and training junior personnel in microcomputer installation and configuration requirements and developing appropriate procedures and protocols.
- Manage security policies and settings within the Google administration console.
- Keep informed of Google updates, best practices, and new features; conducting tests of new features and submitting change orders for all test results and network implementation, keeping abreast of and evaluating industry trends, and emerging microcomputer and related technologies, and making recommendations as to the appropriateness of such a new technologies for implementation at USU.
- Utilize the service desk ticketing system to track information technology issues reported by end users, troubleshoot, report/record/track/trouble calls, prioritize and resolve technical issues using standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with network operations and telecommunications personnel to ensure that personal computer connectivity protocols are developed and maintained.
- Provide ongoing technical training for end users on Google Suite applications, new features, processes and best practices. The incumbent manages microcomputer maintenance by coordinating this function between in-house personnel, vendors and contractors.
- Use interpersonal skills to work with a variety of management and technical personnel both within and outside of the university, training techniques to develop training programs, documentation and work with user community, and wide knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Develops procedures and documentation for technical personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Trains other staff members to perform the essential tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of Google Suite administration, Active Directory, Account Management, Adobe Connect, CA Service Desk, CA ITCM, Microsoft applications, Windows O/S for desktop/server and MacOS, hardware and software, installations, maintenance and upgrades.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: HS Diploma. Bachelors preferred. Google Admin certification, Security+ certification, some college preferred in computer related field.
Minimum Experience: 4-6 years of computer-related experience; minimum of 2 years in Google Administration.
Physical Capabilities: Sitting, standing, walking and traveling to off sites; some carrying of computer equipment; able to life 20lbs.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Able to obtain Google Administration certification, Security+ certification.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Reports to Department Branch Chief; may serve as Team Lead providing guidance to computer support specialist.
Work Environment: Office setting; Telework authorized
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.