Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the Military Personnel Office located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services USU.
Responsible for providing administrative/financial project oversight of all service computations for the University staff/ faculty/students.
Employee will be required to complete all service computation and should be able to:
- Deliver 100% error-free products;
- Add and subtract numerical data as it relates to service computations;
- Read, comprehend, and follow directions;
- Proofread documents and contracts to obtain critical data to accurately compute service computation;
- Note reasons for rejections at any point in the SOP to prevent errors in future processing.
- Deliver timely and accurate customer service;
- Customer base includes students/staff/faculty;
- Develop and process service computation packets for all Army incoming students within 90 days of arrival;
- Develop and process service computation packets for all Army outgoing students within 15 days of departure;
- Develop and process service computations for all Army staff/faculty, as necessary within 90 days;
- Answer 100% of telephonic/email questions regarding time in service/service computations with accurate information within 24 hours;
- Provide accurate documentation to suspend time in service for all Army students within 90 days of arrival;
- Brief all incoming students on the service computations and time in service suspension.
- Collaborate and physically visit with internal/external Finance office and School of Medicine as often as necessary;
- Obtain access and research personnel documents in iPERMS;
- Update leadership on progress/issues as directed, to include any missed timelines;
- Develop and maintain an SOP for service computations
- Communication requirements
- Points of contact
- Employee Productivity Rate: Helps to measure workforce efficiency over time. Can be determined by taking the total accurately completed service computations and dividing it by the total number of students.
- Customer Satisfaction Rate: Helps to measure customer-based satisfaction efficiency over time. Can be determined by taking the total completed survey and dividing it by the total of satisfied customers.
- Missing Documents Rate: Helps to measure how much time is spent waiting on documents that should already be in the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Can be determined by taking the total amount of time waiting for a student to provide the document that should have already been on the OMPF.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years of related experience.
Work Environment: Office setting.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.