This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Manager to support the Clinical and Experimental Orthopedics (CEO) at the USU/Walter Reed Department of Surgery in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CEO.
The candidate will direct and manage multiple research and clinical programs for CEO, and is primarily responsible for providing administrative project oversight in order to maximize the effective use of project resources. Specific areas include: budget and accounting, space management, personnel management, overall management, contracts, and purchasing. Works on abstract problems and identifies and evaluates fundamental problems for major functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
1. Facilitates information flow between program members, scientific directors, and the Foundation.
2. Coordinates the decision-making process between all program participants.
3. Supervises lower level program members and is responsible for their hiring.
4. Projects, executes, and manages the budget for the program as a whole and for individual projects within the program.
5. Reviews space utilization within the Program makes recommendations accordingly.
6. Directs, coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
7. Provides advice on manpower utilization, work flow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the program. Analyzes costs and pricing data submitted by the contract centers to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs.
8. Prepares requests for contract actions and proposals. Assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions.
9. Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests. Authorizes payment of invoices.
10. Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Masters degree in scientific field or related field
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years related experience in scientific project or program management
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: supervises support staff
Work Environment: office and laboratory setting
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status