This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Intern to support research in the Microbiology and Immunology department, located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services. Responsibilities are to provide routine semi-technical work involving a variety of laboratory support duties. Work involves performance of a variety of laboratory tasks of minimal complexity to assist in the maintenance and operation of a research or analytical laboratory. Hands-on experience in the application of flow cytometry for the measurement of mast cell activation will be performed.
1. Assists in developing experimental protocols and in preparing materials for experiments. Prepares, reagents, solutions, and culture media.
2. Maintains and provides custodial care for laboratory specimens, slides, models, equipment, supplies, and glassware.
3. Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies.
4. Assists in conducting semi-routine experiments and analyses.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and supplies: ability to follow detailed instructions; ability to handle multiple tasks.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: One year college experience.
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years of laboratory experience.
Physical Capabilities: Handles glassware and chemical solutions.
Work Environment: Laboratory environment.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.