This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant to support the “Proteogenomic analysis of non-invasive race specific biomarkers for Breast Cancer progression” in the APOLLO program at the Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Genetics in USUHS. Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
2. Assists with the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures. Provides leadership in the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials.
6. Provides quality control, trouble shooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
7. Maintains supplies in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory area clean.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow general instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of laboratory experience
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Work Environment: laboratory environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.