This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the Laboratory of Dr. Ann Jerse at the Microbiology and Immunology Department in Bethesda, MD. Responsibilities are to perform laboratory procedures to assist supervisors with experiments and to provide support in various areas as needed.
1. Performs serological tests on serum samples from laboratory animals.
2. Conducts procedures with laboratory animals including immunizations, injections, collection of biosamples, and experimental infection according to protocols and procedures.
2. Maintains accurate records; tabulates and organizes data.
3. Uses computer for data analysis. Writes simple programs for computer analysis of data.
4. Prepares tissue which includes embedding, staining, and cutting.
5. Performs basic cloning experiments, polymerase chain reaction, DNA sequence analysis and western blots.
7. Sees that equipment is in good working order or is repaired as needed and supplies are reordered as necessary.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Technical knowledge of scientific disciplines; knowledge of and skill in tissue culture technique and handling biological hazards and their safe use and disposal;
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associates Degree
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years experience
Physical Capabilities: handles variety of chemicals; requires long periods of standing
Work Environment: laboratory environment
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.