This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant for the Pain Management Clinic at Naval Medical Center – San Diego (NMCSD) HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NMCSD.
1. Performs data collection by conducting research interviews. Recruits and screens subjects for research studies. Collects baseline and follow up data from subjects. Checks for validity and accuracy of data ensuring compliance with quality assurance requirements and clinical relevance.
2. Establishes and maintains database files and progress reports for studies, projects and programs. May perform data analysis and interpretation.
3. Performs scientific literature searches, identification and retrieval.
4. Performs administrative duties such as: assisting in developing and submitting grants, papers and abstracts, manuscripts and presenting studies, developing protocol manuals and data collection instruments; participates in field visits; responds to requests and questions from individuals, institutions, government agencies and funding agencies and participates in the design of research studies.
5. Assists with the preparation of manuscripts, reports, and presentations including editing and formatting documents. Distributes manuscripts and reports to all scientific collaborators as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications; Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments; Skill in statistical interpretation and data analysis using statistical software and/or spreadsheets and database software applications; Excellent organizational and project management skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in Social Science such as Sociology, Psychology or related field.
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years of clinical research experience.
Physical Capabilities: long periods of standing and sitting
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: n/a
Work Environment: office environment
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources