Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Social Media Specialist to support the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP) at the Uniformed Services University (USU). Responsible for communicating Human Performance Optimization and Total Force Fitness contents through social media, and analyzing, evaluating, and advising on the delivery and continuous quality and performance improvement of social media services.
- Advises the Executive Director and Program Directors of CHAMP on integrating social media strategies into CHAMP's organizational and strategic communication plans.
- Meets and communicates regularly with senior leadership and internal staff
- To provide recommendations, share objectives strategies, and results
- To collaborate with USU Social Media Strategists.
- Monitors social media trends and topics as it relates to Human Performance
- Optimization and Total Force Fitness, to ensure the development and implementation of social media strategies and plans.
- Plans social media campaigns for CHAMP initiatives to share HPO information and engage with. DOD entities/their audience members, and engage with social media users.
- Develops social media content calendar, and posts content for multiple CHAMP entities across popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Reporting on milestones/timetables and conduct continual progress monitoring of CHAMP's social media operations should be included.
- Works in close collaboration with Communications Manager on marketing focus groups to gauge audience interest and feedback in CHAMP digital presences
- Monitors Department of Defense, Uniformed Service University, and local social media communications policies and guidelines to ensure strict messaging compliance.
- Conduct reviews, analyses and reports of findings based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide leadership with progress reports and recommendations of courses of action.
- Assist with development of CHAMP's Annual Report by reporting metrics collected from analysis of social media impacts and effectiveness.
- Establish sustainable relationships and communication channels with HPO and TEE partners, collaborators, and stakeholders:
- To serve as the primary point of contact (POC) for inquiries, facilitate-or participate
in relevant social media calls and meetings.
- To create an outlet for sharing content, supporting and promoting social media campaigns.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives; ability to meet deadlines of projects; analytical skills; ability to work independently; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Works as a team player. Working knowledge of best practices in social media marketing.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related degree
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years working in related field
Work Environment: office setting ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.