Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to support the Brody Lab within the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CNRM.
- Work closely with the research team and provide assistance with the performance of research projects.
- Act as the first level point of contact between research participants, facility personnel, and study team members.
- Schedule research participants for testing and/or follow-up assessments.
- Complete and maintain participant processing documents and electronic systems.
- Conduct initial screening evaluation, consenting, and structured interviews.
- Conduct comprehensive clinical interviews and medical record reviews.
- Administer telephone/web-based questionnaires and computerized neurocognitive tests.
- Collect and process study related materials including data entry, data coding, and quality assurance/control.
- Maintain and review regulatory and source documents for study protocols ensuring compliance with necessary standards.
- Perform other study related tasks, such as recruitment, as needed.
- Assist with conducting literature reviews, writing/editing/designing abstracts and posters for presentation in scientific settings, and writing/editing manuscripts for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals.
- Perform research database management, generating reports upon request, and assisting in the reporting of findings.
- Assist with the writing of study protocols and related documentation.
- Maintain and record testing supplies and equipment inventory as needed.
- Provide additional assistance to clinical sites and study team as needed.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: This candidate must have demonstrated excellence in written/oral communication, time management, and a background in at least one of the following areas:
- Physical sciences or biomedical-related; strong skills in research with clinical and administrative experience.
- Behavioral science-related; strong skills in research with clinical and administrative experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability and comfort working across multiple projects with a high degree of autonomy.
- Demonstrated experience conducting neurological or psychological assessments in a clinical and/or research setting.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Neuroscience, Psychology, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 1 to 4 years
Physical Capabilities: Walking, including escorting subjects, standing, bending, and carrying light items. May encounter or work with patients who are confused or agitated.
Work Environment: Clinical/Hospital/Administrative
Background: Applicants must be US Citizens and be capable of passing a DoD Secret Clearance security background check. Employment is contingent to WRNMMC regulatory approval before the initiation of study activities.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.