This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Systems Engineer for the IT Operations Department located at the Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
HJF IT Services designs, deploys and manages information systems used throughout Foundation supported administrative, laboratory, and clinical activities. The Windows Systems Engineer, as part of the IT Operations team, designs, maintains and monitors Windows based systems and Citrix based application and desktop virtualization services supporting research and administrative activities under the direction of the Director, Information Technology Operations who establishes and provides general guidelines and overall priorities. The Windows Systems Engineer works independently; establishes internal priorities, work schedules and goals and uses her own initiative and sound judgment. Work is evaluated based on results achieved towards established goals and requirements, timeliness, application of sound business practice and efficient use of resources.
1. Act as a technical resource for Microsoft Windows operating system based servers and services supporting HJF business and research systems.
2. Act as a technical resource for Citrix based application and desktop virtualization services supporting HJF business and research systems
3. Plan, design, deploy and support Microsoft Windows based file, print, identity, web, application and security servers and services.
4. Plan, design, secure and improve the Foundation's Citrix infrastructure.
5. Perform site visits as needed to HJF-supported activities in order to interact with users and anticipate needs. Provide training to IT Services support staff as required for them to support Windows and Citrix based services.
6. Solve shared systems and service related issues as they arise.
Required knowledge, skills and ability:
1. Experience designing and supporting Windows and Citrix XenApp services in a multi-platform environment.
2. Advanced skills in Windows server operating systems, Citrix XenApp and related applications troubleshooting and problem solving.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills to work with a wide variety of personnel of varied technical knowledge. The incumbent must have the skills to work in a dynamic environment where priorities change rapidly.
Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 5 or more years’ experience or equivalent experience
Physical Capabilities: Able to communicate verbally, ability to write and prepare documents in a variety of forms, ability to move within the work site, ability to travel to and move within supported research sites.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Vendor training/certification preferred but not required. Valid driver's license.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Incumbent reports directly to the Director, IT Operations.
Work Environment: General office environment within hospitals and research laboratories, occasional travel to supported sites may be required.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.