This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the Clinical Breast Care Project (CBCP) at the Murtha Cancer Center (MCC) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CBCP. Responsible for providing administrative research support to the Principal Investigator, Executive Director and senior staff of CBCP. Requires working knowledge of research operations, policies and procedures.
1. Provides administrative support to the Executive leadership of CBCP.
2. Assists the Executive Director of CBCP in resolving problems by exercising judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
3. Responsible for assisting PIs of the CBCP breast specific intramural research projects with personnel actions, budgets and justifications.
4. Assists in the coordination of new hires, to include orientation and in-processing.
5. Serves as the primary POC for CBCP purchases using HJF’s Oracle database system.
6. Processes travel for the CBCP program.
7. Tracks staff leave and monthly vendor invoices.
8. Coordinates conference calls for various CBCP research studies. Transcribes minutes for each conference call and distribute minutes to attendees.
9. Assists in facilitating information flow between researchers, CBCP staff, and the Foundation.
10. Develops and implements new systems or administrative processes to ensure effective and timely accomplishment of duties throughout the project.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by PI and Executive Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, office automation; all Microsoft Office programs; ability to work completely independent; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years of administrative experience working in an office environment. Active interim or Secret Clearance strongly preferred.
Work Environment: Office and clinical setting
Background: US Citizenship required; eligibility to obtain Secret Clearance is a condition of employment.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.