Come Work at HJF!
HJF is recruiting a Postdoctoral position available immediately in the laboratory of Dr. T. John Wu, for our Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine supporting Neuroscience and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University, to study how traumatic brain injury dysregulates the neuroendocrine stress axis. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to the CNRM.
This project will involve techniques ranging from mouse behavioral assays, small animal surgery, immunohistochemistry, neuroanatomical track-tracing and modern molecular techniques. Preference will be given to applicants (M.D./Ph.D.) with experience working with small animals, strong background in molecular and anatomical neuroendocrinology and an interest in traumatic brain injury research.
1. Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
2. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
3. Performs specialized laboratory research utilizing experimental protocols which will involve procedures such as DNA cloning and sequencing, molecular analysis of specific RNA transcripts by quantitative RT-PCR, RNASeq, Western blotting, animal surgeries, dissections, sectioning, imaging and immunohistochemistry.
4. Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed records of experiments. Keeps detailed breeding records of mice.
5. Prepares data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
6. Assists with training laboratory staff as needed.
7. Maintains cleanliness of laboratory areas.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: MD or PhD in a related scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; intricate work with hands; carrying of light and moderately heavy laboratory equipment
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: May provide guidance to laboratory staff
Work Environment: Laboratory environment; may involve working with biohazardous materials; may require working evenings and weekends
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.