This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Laboratory Technician Intern to support the Gynecologic Cancer Center of Excellence (GYN-COE) at the Women’s Health Integrated Research Center in Annandale, VA. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to GYN-COE. Responsibilities include the conduct of laboratory procedures to assist supervisors with experiments and to provide support in various areas as needed.
1. Prepares protein lysates from cells in culture.
2. Conducts one-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (1D-PAGE) of protein lysates.
3. Conducts in-gel digestions from 1D-PAGE protein bands.
4. Participates in mass spectrometry analysis of protein digests.
5. Maintains detailed laboratory notebook with accurate records; tabulates and organizes data.
6. Uses computer for data analysis.
7. Assists in cleaning and organization of laboratory supplies and glass ware.
8. Conducts literature searches.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Technical knowledge of scientific disciplines; knowledge of and skill in tissue culture technique and handling biological hazards and their safe use and disposal.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: College Coursework towards BS degree
Minimum Experience: 0-2 years experience.
Physical Capabilities: handles variety of chemicals; requires long periods of standing
Work Environment: Laboratory environment.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.