This job posting is no longer active
Come Work at HJF!
HJF is seeking a Project Assistant to support the National Center for Disaster Medicine and Public Health (NCDMPH), located in Rockville, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NCDMPH.
The incumbent provides programmatic and administrative support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Completes assigned projects, as directed by senior staff
2. Answers phones, receives packages and coordinates office functions.
3. Coordinates complex, fluid schedules.
4. Arranges travel for multiple staff.
5. Makes necessary arrangements for conferences and meetings. Collects and prepares material for meetings.
6. Reviews and replies to incoming correspondence. Drafts reply letters/emails to inquiries.
7. Receives, screens, and distributes incoming mail/email and reviews and prepares outgoing correspondence.
8. Coordinates supplies and materials necessary to complete projects.
9. Handles detailed matters which are highly confidential and critical.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of project planning; ability to anticipate needs; works well in a team as well as demonstrates individual initiative; high level of attention to detail; outstanding oral and written communication skills. Some experience in Federal, Government, or Military required.
Desired Kinds of Professional Experience: Experience supporting health science or health systems projects. Proven ability to interact well face-to-face and with small groups. Experience supporting multiple high-level professionals. Planning meetings and note-taking experience preferred.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of administrative experience; in a health system, local or state health department or academic setting preferred.
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of sitting and standing.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Other: Eligibility to obtain secret clearance.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.