This job posting is no longer active
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Bioenvironmental Engineer to support the Force Health Protection Research Thrust Area in the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), OH. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to WPAFB.
Responsible for systems design and configuration, implementation, testing and maintenance of hardware systems involving electronics components, radiation detectors and computer interfaces for the purpose of collecting and processing research data in conjunction with a specified program.
1. Designs, implements, tests and maintains hardware systems involving electronic components, radiation detectors and computer interfaces.
2. Lab and field testing and engineering of current and developing technologies.
3. Designs, implements, tests and maintains new software programs involving entirely new software and modifications and extensions to existing software packages.
4. Consults with physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists and technologists.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Thorough understanding of the underling principles of industrial hygiene and exposure science as it applies to bioenvironmental engineering; occupational health experience preferred
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene
Minimum Experience: 10 years’ experience as a bioenvironmental engineer
Physical Capabilities: Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Industrial Hygiene Ethics & NFPA Hazardous Materials Operations
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.