Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Systems Analyst to support the Force Health Protection Research Thrust Area, 711 Human Performance Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), OH. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to WPAFB.
The incumbent serves as a research analyst and is responsible for supporting research efforts in 711th HPW concerning Total Exposure Health, computational programs and independently conceiving, manipulating and designing research analytic frameworks of considerable complexity and difficulty.
1. Coordinates analytic activities with Force Health Protection lead systems analyst.
2. Develops and manage new data analytic frameworks and protocols.
3. Maintains detailed knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
4. May train and/or supervise technical and scientific staff.
5. The individual will be responsible for writing peer-reviewed reports and will make major contributions to scientific literature and conferences.
6. Serves as in-house consultant in area of data and algorithm manipulation.
7. Assist with resource management concerning data analytics and project management.
8. Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex procedures and techniques in data analytics. Analytical Systems analyst with specialties and/or awareness of modern analytical techniques, processing of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, and the use and manipulation of current cloud-based data storage systems. The successful applicant will work closely with researchers and leadership to analyze, coordinate, implement and maintain a data management process. The Systems Analyst will manage analytical data streams from external organizations and establish quality control guidance for research and development data streams to support the wider organization, including identification and implementation of process improvement methods for Force Health Protection Research.; ability to work independently and with others; strong communication, team-building and problem-solving skills and actively participate in the scientific community
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s of Science degree and Certificate in Software Development
Minimum Experience: at least 6 years combined of research and data analytics/management experience
Physical Capabilities: work involves periods of sitting at a computer station or standing
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: may supervise technical scientific staff
Work Environment: computer work station, possibly some in a laboratory environment; may require working evenings and weekends
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.