Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Assistant needed to support the Uniformed Services University (USU) Val G. Hemming Simulation Center located in Forest Glen, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to USU.
Incumbent will be responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. Provides laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
1. Performs laboratory research projects, including collection and organization of data. Makes detailed observations about experiments.
2. Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
3. Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
4. Performs data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
5. Works closely with the Principal Investigator to achieve the goals of the study.
6. Obtains and completes necessary equipment training (provided by research team and institution) during the initial component of the study.
Nonessential Job Duties:
1. Maintains supplies in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory area clean.
2. Provides basic data analysis and interpretation.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of standard laboratory techniques; ability to follow detailed instructions; good communication and analytical skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
Minimum Experience: 0 to 2 years experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: N/A
Work Environment: Laboratory environment
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.