Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Program Manager to support the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences Research (CRSR) in the Department of Rehabilitative Medicine at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CRSR.
The incumbent will coordinate national multi-site consortium(s) to examine the clinical, biological, physiological, and genetic expression after sustaining a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Study will include internal/external stakeholders from the military and collegiate level who will investigate biological markers to illuminate the prognosis and predictors of risk and resilience to TBI. He/she will provide administrative oversight in order to maximize the effective use of project resources. Specific areas include: budget and accounting, personnel management, regulatory affairs, contracts/awards, and purchasing.
1. Facilitates information flow between key stake holders (which may include but are not limited to: study personnel, program members, directors, collaborators, USU/WRNMMC, and the Foundation).
2. Coordinates the decision-making process between all program participants.
3. Supervises lower level program members.
4. Executes and manages the budget for the TBI project.
5. Coordinates, and conducts personnel actions and furnishes guidance and assistance as needed.
6. Provides advice on manpower utilization, work flow, and operational procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, and make overall improvements for the TBI project. Analyzes costs and pricing data submitted by the contract centers to verify and substantiate direct and indirect costs.
7. Prepares requests for contract actions and proposals. Assures full compliance with all contract requirements, schedules, and provisions. Coordinates and approves the initiation and processing of purchase orders, supply sources, work orders and maintenance and renovation requests. Authorizes payment of invoices.
Nonessential job duties:
8. Completes other projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of organizational objectives, the federal budget process, office automation; ability to work completely independently; ability to use sound judgement in solving problems; ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelors degree in scientific field or related field (Masters Preferred with PMP certification)
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years related experience in program management
Physical Capabilities: n/a
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: n/a
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: supervises support staff
Work Environment: office and laboratory setting
*This position requires US Citizenship*
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.